Thursday, January 10, 2013

More Dyneema Softies

Made up some useful bits and pieces out of 3/16 dyneema line - a tether for when I'm on my own in windy conditions, and a soft shackle. I followed the instructions at the Colligo Marine website, and it was all very straightforward. I have used these for a while already and both work very well (and saved lots of cash). I'm going to make up a bunch of the soft shackles as they are very handy for various jobs on the boat.

Tether

Shackle
 
The tether is just long enough for me to move around the cockpit, but not long enough for me to fall overboard. The hardware are an alu mountaineering carabiner and a Ronstan snap shackle (I've now changed this to two carabiners). I use several anchoring points, but the main one is a soft pad eye that I installed in the middle of the cockpit floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment