Monday, November 23, 2015

2014-15

A bit behind on posting, but another year with Little Cat rolled around in September. I didn't do as much sailing as I'd have liked in 2014-15, mainly because we bought a new house and I've been busy on house repairs and mods, and we only added another 677 miles for the year (3,272 total).

Image result for downtown tinley park il
Downtown Tinley Park IL

OK, so the distance analogy of driving across the USA on HWY 80 is definitely tacky and worn out now, but I guess we are stuck with it. So, at the end of the last year log we had reached NYC and had turned around for the return journey. If we add 677 nautical miles to that, we would be around Tinley Park IL, just south of Chicago.

For 2015-16 I just wanna do more sailing, including more of the short coastal overnight routes that I find very enjoyable (Drakes Bay, HMB etc).

4 comments:

  1. You beat me Roger, I managed 370nm which was just a bit more than my first season. Where do you find the time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ian, I try and go out for a whole day once a week and aim to cover 20NM. In reality I average going out once every two weeks, but we can try - right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing you keep going most of the year? I pulled Gratitude out last weekend although the weather didn't generate any enthusiasm since back in early October. We'll be back in in March, with a cross-channel trip on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ian,
    That's true, I sail all year round though there is definitely an enthusiasm deficit when its cold and wet!

    ReplyDelete