Tuesday, September 25, 2012

815 Nautical Miles

It is one year since I picked up my "new to me" Tiki 21. In the weekend I went for a gentle sail through the Carquinez Strait into San Pablo Bay covering 21 nautical miles - this takes the total distance logged for the year to 815 nautical miles, mainly short trips back and forth between San Pablo Bay and the Delta. That is 938 statute miles, or 1509 kilometres. If "Little Cat" was a car, then I would be somewhere past Salt Lake City in Utah on Hwy 80....

The Great Salt Lake, Utah (Credit: Destination 360)


Its been a year getting to know the Tiki, and the boat has consistently exceeded my expectations. In another year I hope to have clocked up a bigger chunk of miles, more time in the ocean swell (outside "the gate"), and maybe a race or two?

No comments:

Post a Comment