Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Moved

Sailed the boat 26 NM from her home for the last year in the Carquinez Strait to her new slip at Richardson Bay in San Francisco. This is a great spot only 3 NM from the Golden Gate (and the ocean), or Ayala Cove at Angel Island which is a great spot to cruise with the family.



This was the nicest sail I have had from Carquinez to SF, picking up a fresh northerly before Pt San Pablo and reaching from Pt San Pablo to Raccoon Strait at up to 12 knots. Made it to the new slip just at night fall, which is just as well because it is a tight entrance and narrow channel.


Here is Little Cat at her new slip, also showing off her brand new light-air Genoa. The sail is the standard Wharram genoa cut at 100 square feet, but from very light-weight 2 oz polymax fabric for those days with very light breeze. I'll get back with a report of how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi again,
    You mentioned in a prior post you might do some racing. It seems from your posts that you have raced in the past. I for one will love to see what you do to the Tiki in rigging sailing control to get the most out of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mgtdOcean,

    I'm trying to get organized to do the Three Bridge Fiasco in January. I hope to do some posts on my rig set up when I get around to it.

    ReplyDelete